Port Adelaide coach Matthew Primus says he has asked star midfielder Travis Boak whether he has made a decision over his future, but has not been given a definitive answer.
Boak went home to Victoria early last week following foot surgery to discuss his future with his family, who live near Geelong, before returning to Adelaide on Monday.
The 2011 joint best-and-fairest winner, who has failed to follow up on his pre-season declaration that he was happy at Alberton, has yet to ink a new deal with the club that would keep him there beyond this season.
Primus remained hopeful Boak would re-commit to the club but did not want the uncertainty to linger, with the Power needing to plan ahead for the remainder of the season and beyond while the likes of Geelong and Carlton prepare to swoop for the 2006 top five draft pick.
Primus said Boak was well aware what his signature meant to the club and expected the ongoing negotiations to be resolved soon.
"He's going to play an important part of our future so he's well aware of that," Primus said.
"He knows where I sit and that we want him here and we need him here.
"I've asked him, 'have you come up with a decision yet?' and he's really mulling it over with the family stuff.
"We want to give him his time to do that, but we also don't want to allow it to drag on for another 10 or 12 weeks ... we would rather know sooner than later.
"We are in constant dialogue with him and won't put it on the back burner, so we'll keep going and hopefully get an answer soon."
Primus declared as his team's 38-point loss to Port Adelaide on Sunday as their 'worst performance' this season and they were left to rue injuries to key trio Hamish Hartlett, Jackson Trengove and Jay Schulz.
Hartlett tore his hamstring and is expected to miss up to five weeks while Trengove faces a month on the sidelines, needing surgery to repair a finger he has dislocated several times in recent weeks.
In-form forward Schulz could miss four to six weeks as he recovers in a Melbourne hospital after suffering internal bleeding in a stinging clash with teammate Justin Westhoff.
Primus admitted this week's bye couldn't have come at a better time for his charges to refresh but was adamant his injury losses would be covered by a healthy list and the form of a number of players in the SANFL.
"It's going to be a great challenge for us with a few out, but we are really looking forward to delving into our list and see who is going to stand up and cover those guys," Primus said.
"Apart from those who got injured on the weekend, our list is pretty healthy and we've got some guys coming back into some form, but also into some fitness.
"The boys are ready for the second half and will come back fresh mentally and physically, with hope for greater reward in the second half (of the season)."
Primus said the club was also happy with the outcome regarding Bulldog ruckman Will Minson's sledge on Power midfielder Danyle Pearce.
"Daniel is certainly satisfied and if he is, then we are satisfied too," Primus said.
"We are happy with how it's been dealt and fully support Danyle for how he stood up to it and what he believed in."